Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Curses, Spiders on Steroids, and Illuminati Oh My!!

You can just send me tons of letters through the dear elder website all the time because they are way fun to get!  (The website is dearelder.com.  It is a free way to send letters to Travis, and he gets them the very next week.  Much faster and cheaper than the postal service.  You have to put his in mission:  Ghana Accra West Mission)


Why the heck is so much going on at home!  Everyone else should just pause there too! Why does 1st and 5th wards have so many people that's messed up!   Have they been having baptisms or just a ton of move ins?  Yeah we better stay in 3rd!  Let me know as soon as you do.


I kinda feel like the ward I am in here should be disbanded, because it's tiny!  It's way more like a branch, and the ward that is after us is bursting out the back of the overflow!
Yeah how soon I get packages is always random.   So I have no idea when I will get that, or  when it will show or anything!  Here it is just kinda all over the place!


Tali: I had a dream that I came home for Easter and I got to dance with mom.  Shesh you are just having a bunch of fun at school! you totally own that place don't you ;)


Grace: Ok goodness! I get it, dad gets to go to a ton of cool places and get his other children a bunch of sweet stuff. But since I am lame and everyone hates me I don't get anything! ;P It seems like you are pretty obsessed over your new octopus! I wish I had a sweet octopus!


Tay:  Just the same old sweaty stinky and dirty ;)   How did you write a guitar song?  That sounds intense! You should send me a copy of it!  Or make a recording and send it to me!   I wish I could have a rootbeer flaot... or just rootbeer.... or icecream... Hey what song is the song about some dude waiting on a corner and its raining and if anyone sees the girl they should tell her that he is there waiting for her to come back? I need to know!!!!


Ty:  Dude, of course they had to give you another part, you're a total beast!  And hecks yes, you are the best dancer! Keep practicing soccer and your gonna be some sort of uber boss! I bet you'll get 1st team this year!  Yeah there is never fog here, but the last 2 nights have almost been cool, and it was so nice because I was actually able to sleep comfortably!


 Bike Racing Story!   We have this one hill that isn't very steep, and is about a mile long.   For a few weeks now we have been having to race down that road.   Sounds easy enough now.  Add in the fact that we have no bike lights, no reflectors, no street lights, the street is really narrow, cars completely pack both sides of the road, and we are flying down this road just about as fast as we can peddle!  We swerve in between cars, and around people, and hit jumps, and all sorts of stuff that is obviously life threatening... not really, but it is so much fun!


Our Awesome Drift!   Riding a bike all day is really freaking boring, so we drift to keep it spectacular!  Wherever there is a layer of dirt on top of the asphalt  you can slide for a really long ways.   The largest junction in our area is called Barnyard.   It goes through a 3 lane  highway, but on each corner there is a bunch of powder dirt.   So we bust as much speed as we can and slide completely sideways for close to 20 or 30 feet!  If we are trying to whip our tails really hard you can even end up backwards which scares everyone watching!   Sweetness!


Dispelling A Cursing!  A member showed up to our house one morning.  He said that his sister was sick.  He said that the bishop told him to have us give her a blessing.  So, of course, Elder Allen and I answered the call!   While we were on the way, the Member went into more detail.  He told her that a man in her compound is a pastor and that he didn't like her, so he cast a curse upon her.  When Elder Allen tried to anoint her head with a drop of oil, she covered her head and got really angry, but he finally got it done.   As I tried to bless her, she started to freak out a bit.  Her daughter had to come hold onto her before we could finish.  Needless to say, the member came to us the next day and told us that his sister was healed. Priesthood versus Priest-craft.  Not  even a competition!


Elder Allen and I have been talking in accents lately because our investigators can't understand us anyway.   So it keeps us smiling and having  much more engaging lessons!    The only person that noticed we had accents was my computer guy.   It's sweet!   We have so much fun with the investigators.   They just love us and think we are so silly!

Also my computer guy is a less active member.   So we have been taking him to do a bunch of missionary work, and he loves it!    He is a great teacher, and with his help we will no doubt help his friend to be baptized!   We cleaned his Cafe a couple of days ago.  That was crazy!  I was up on Elder Allen's shoulders, so we could clean the ceiling really well.  In the cafe is an abandoned bathroom.   So for some perspective......we have to clean our room 3 or 4 times a week to get rid of the cobwebs.   This room had not been entered in months.   The corners of the room weren't even visible!   The toilet and sink were brown and covered in nastiness.   But alas, despite my desire to turn back......I had to push forward!   With the help of my trusty club (a stick that I found outside) I was able to vanquish the webs, and only get semi close to peeing myself.   The spiders here are huge!  And they are all extra scary looking!   We have one that looks like a hand, and it's about the size of my palm.  One that looks like a daddy long leg, but on evil steroids and still about the size of my hand.  Then there is a little one, that is like a crab in a spiky shell.  I would bet a lot of money that one is poisonous.  Because that is by far the scariest looking one I have seen!  But fear not, I was victorious once again!  It matters not how many foes I face!


Also one of the guys we are working with is an Illuminati fanatic.   He knows every symbol they have and everyone that's a member.  It was kind of freaky.   Then he looked up the church of Satan website, which that was just bad. I would highly suggest not looking it up ever.  It drove away the spirit so fast.  It was the one truly scary experience I have had.
We joke about juju and mommy water, but Satan really does have power here. I am so grateful that we honestly have the power to win.


Hmm oh yeah pancakes and custard tomorrow! I love our member friends!

Love Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment