Monday, January 6, 2014

Luckily it was Christmas Eve.......So we could just blame Santa!!


Christmas Eve My companion and I decided to go onto our roof.  We went to open some packages, so that we would have everything ready to finish opening on Christmas morning!   We decided the very peak of the roof would be the best place to hold our opening party.   
We walked on up.  No problem!   And had a grand ole time opening the packages.  But as time passed on, we realized that sooner or later we would have to get off the roof.   So I hopped up and walked over to the edge of the roof, where we have big cement walls.   When all of a sudden I hear "crack" "CRUNCH!!"  I turn back just in time to see my companion disappear through the roof.  I jumped down our stairwell, and burst through the door, and watched as his foot went back up through the hole.   So I went back outside, to find him just chillen on the roof.........looking like he had just urinated himself.   He had some cuts on his head, arms, and legs.  But he was mostly just cut up emotionally.   Luckily that was Christmas Eve, so we were able to just blame Santa!!
Later we found out that another companionship had run and taken cover in some doorways, because they thought the Chinese were bombing us.
We have no Idea how he didn't fall the full 15 feet to the cement floor, but somehow angels stopped his fall.   We thought it was some beams in the rafters, but as we looked later we realized that those could barely support their own weight.  I guess that is just the protective power of prayers!  Thanks for all the help guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment