Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Apartment is Bigger.....But Way Trashier!

Ok, so yes everyone behold........I am healed!   My eyes are pretty much completely better.   They are just a little wrinkly and tired from being heavy and stretched out!   Now there is just some very minor swelling in my forehead, and that is good.   There is just a little hole up in there now.  I am much better. The only think wrong now, is my wrist.  The vein is kind of iffy. :) What do yo do when your vein is hard and hurts when you poke it?  Hehe, oh well I guess I will just continue to not use my left hand for awhile!


I got famous in the mission and the ward before I even got out of the hospital!   It was weird.  Everyone I met asked me if I was ok and if I was feeling better.

Ok now don't even start talking about how bad my typing is!  You race against the clock while half the time the buttons don't work.  The keys are printed incorrectly, so you try to put an ! and you get an ".  It isn't nice, and currently the keyboard I am using is actually covered in Arabic symbols.  So I am having a lot of trouble trying to do this!  There are 4 keys that look like an N!!  Agh!


And oh goodness, yes eye in "eyedea" was on purpose, but some things really are the crappy computer equipment I am using!  And I spelled it "in tents"  instead of "intense" because of a joke Elder Nelson told about when he went camping.  He also told me about his job back home, where he crushed pop cans, and how it was "sodapressing"!!!  HAHA!


TY:   Ok bro service is on! I will serve as I serve while I scare and eat and teach no problem! Did you read the Book of Mormon this month? Because you should.You should just try to read it as fast as you can because man that thing is so sweet! I just finished it yesterday and I have to decide if I am just going to read it it again! love you bro.

TAY:  So were these  CTR360  the yellow and black ones or  the yellow and white ones that I have been wanting forever?  If so, I am grumps bro! Man I need to get some new shoes here. I totally tore out the bottom of my Predators  like 2 months ago.  I have been using these ones that are a mix brand between DC, Adidas, and Ghana trash :) Yeah I partially built them! But no problems, they look pretty good on me :) Carve it up at Tamarack!

Tali: Hey, so you just like going on trips without me now huh??! haha just kidding... kind of.  Is anyone using my snowboard, because if someone wants to that's cool since I know mine is da best! Girl you gotta be able to wait till I get home, because I still have a whole sister mission left! (that means I still have 18 months left!)

Gracie:  Oooo new curlers cute!  Oh my goodness! Bet you like those!  Well I would guess it's going to be cold since there will be snow there. But I guess you will just have to find out and let me know when you get there!

Ok so transfer news.  I got moved to Kasoa, which is actually just a larger city with a bigger market.  It is still in the same zone, so I am still close to the hospital.  My new companion is Elder Azalwa from Uganda. He is way cool, he came at the same time as Elder Allen, so they both just hit a year.  We are having some fun here and doing a bunch of work!  It seems like half of the people we meet are recent converts, which is really cool.  
Now our apartment is even bigger!  It could pretty easily fit 10 missionaries, but right now there are only 6 of us.  Elder Legg(6months, USA)-Elder Azalwa(1 year, Uganda), Elder Crotz(6months, South Africa)- Elder Damane(9months, South Africa) , Elder Chatterley(9 months, USA) - Elder Burisa(a few days, Ethiopia).   It is way fun!  We think there was a little mix up with Elder Burisa's MTC experience, because he only received 2 weeks to try to learn English!   He's way fun though!
The apartment is bigger than my last one, and it is colder by a little bit, but it is way trashier.   It is seriously just a cement house with some window slats.  The shower is seriously a cement room with a shower hose sticking out of the side!  I like it here though.  The members seem pretty cool and our compound is right next to the chapel.  I have about a 30 second walk to get to church now instead of a 30 minute walk in Odorkor! 

Oh oh,  just so everyone that is thinking I am losing weight knows............I broke my bed 3 times this week!  Yeah yeah any body sayin fat elder woop woop!  Now it looks like I have one of those sweet beds where you can move the head and the feet up and down.  Now I make a cool looking v while I sleep!

I am now using a tall bike, which is a special set of bikes that the mission acquired.  It has an extra tall frame for some of those bigger guys that are way tall.  Yeah like Elder Allen.  Oh well I'm like the third tallest in the apartment, so I guess it makes sense that I should get the tallest bike!  Gosh missionaries am I right?!

So here it's 7:00 and I still haven't washed my clothes.  We will see how that works. 

Hopefully we will get time to still play football this week because I am feeling it!

Everything here rocks, so I hope everyone keeps up the awesomeness back home!

Love Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment