Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My address is: Next to Odogonor School, and we have a blue gate

Ok, yeah so far I do have the Christmas package for all of us, so don't worry about that one . I just have to decide now how I am going to set them up.  Like should I have everyone decorate their own stockings, or just put their names on them and put them out that night as a surprise?

Yeah the pills are helping. I haven't been eating as much, but I m still hungry a lot.  Also my runny tummy isn't as often.  My stomach is definitely not regular, but even the guys who have been here for almost 2 years still don't have regular stomachs, so that is just how things are.

Hey I got Money!!!!  I finally found an ATM that worked!  It only took me almost all morning.  It is in a place called Kasoa, which I think is over in Eastern region.   Either way, it is at least an hour chrochro ride, so I doubt I will get to go very often. 350 Cedi could last a ways if I only had to buy food.  But I have a lot of purchases that I needed to make like for laundry, and I owe one of my ladies 66 Cedi for a bag of rice. 25 kg of rice should last me for a little while now. 5kg only lasts me a week, if I stretch it,  so 25 kg should last maybe 4 weeks if i am lucky.   But yeah money can go pretty dang fast.  
When poor people hear that we only get 180 Cedi a month, they are mortified and wonder how we aren't dying.  Our recent convert says he was getting 250 Cedi while doing a service thingy, and he said it was horrible and no where near enough!  


For Christmas, I got Kanu some mineral and some Fanice.  So we will be having a party.  We cant actually fit the tub of fanice in our freezer, so I had to pour it into pots and Tupperware to make it fit.  Yeah, and we get a new fridge soon, since ours isn't really working.   It doesn't get anything cold or chilled.  It just makes it... less warm than outside, haha! 


I have not tried to use any merchants, because like none of them have card scanners here.  And I don't trust the ones that do!  I know a gym that takes cards, and I also know that the guy who owns the gym steals peoples card info and gets stuff shipped to the US, and then to Accra.  So I don't try merchants.


Yeah and it's funny that you think they might have phone books here!  People and stores just have their phone numbers written on walls.  And I have literally only seen 10 homes, or anything, that have a street address.  And if they do, those people are crazy rich, so not likely anywhere here.  Literally our address is Abrantia.  If we have to be more specific:  we are next to Odogonor School and we have a blue gate.  There aren't good stuff like that.   Sorry!  Haha!


 I don't know how often you think we get mail.   So they maybe get it once a week, if we are lucky.  We then can only get it from them when someone either goes to temple site, or luckily sees them some other place.   Your mail kinda stock piles a little before you actually get any, but I should get some on Wednesday when I go for transfers.

(He has been asking me to ask everyone to send pictures, so I asked him what kind he wants)
Ummmm..... just pictures of people, places, and things.  Pictures of home, pictures of family, all sorts of pictures!  And I am glad you got some of the pictures I emailed.  It takes a lot of work to send them, so I can only send a few at a time. Maybe I can get a few more next week.


It has just been a constant really hot all the time here, with a variance only of dust and illness haha I love it!

Of course i remember my part! I was saying it in my head a couple of times just last week! It's one of my favorite things that I have memorized! (Trav memorized and performed this when he was 4 for a Christmas play.  What will I give him small as I am, if I were a shepherd I'd give him a lamb, if I were a wise man, I'd do my part.  What will I give Him?  I'll give him my heart.)

Did you realize that if you come to pick me here, and we stay for like a week, then I will have been in Africa for 3 birthdays! I will have left on my mission at 18 and come home 21! How cool is that!??

To Tay: Dude there seems to be a lot of perks to me being gone! All of a sudden you go to the movies a bunch and do all sorts of cool stuff sheesh! Somebody better be making it up to me when I get home!  Good luck with Guitar! I was just thinking about how good you must be getting. There is a guy in my apartment who is learning the guitar too, and I keep singing One Direction every time he starts to play, because I am thinking of you!

To Gracie: Now you can juggle!? why is this the first time I am hearing about this!? and did your eye pop out? was it super gross? man I would not lie my eye to pop out that would make me sick!  I hope you are ok. yeah I was thinking about taking a palm leaf and using that for a Christmas tree because there isn't really anything around here that I could do. So Either a banana leaf or a palm leaf you get to decide for me :)

To Tali: guess what! guess what! guess what!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! already a big 9 year old how does that feel?! are you so excited? are you feeling old? do you need a cane to walk now because your getting too old? :) i  wish I could get a nice birthday dinner! that would be cool! you gotsta tell me how the delicious chinese food is! I hope you liked your presents and had a super fun time!!!! have a fun time at circus circus and Arizona ok.

To Ty:  Dude Christmas is crazy! I love getting the packages though because everyone else gets excited and jealous, and I just get happy and then go to my room and wipe a few tears. dude tell me all about the concert. oh by the way you are doing beast in FX... shhh dont ask me how I know that (front left from your view) Finals are easy as long as you did good during the semester. So did you do good? I bet you did and you didn't even have to study!  dude the new hobbit is already out! sheesh! Dude Knight 1 sounds way cooler than Sir Harry anyways, so don't worry about it!   You're are going to be a total boss!

Gosh it is so nice to know that the people at home care, and they wish to be a part of the experience!


This week we had our Christmas conference where 3 zones got together.  We had food and a talent show and sang some hymns and had some people address us. It was pretty nice, but everyone that is old on mission was saying that last year's was much better,  so I don't know.  I just told President Hill that it was the best missionary Christmas Conference I had ever been to ;) I hope he doesn't look too hard into my wording.  But it was good, I got like 10 french fries and a"slice of pizza".......like the size of a brownie!  And I don't think there was actually cheese or anything on it, soo I don't know what to really call it.
Next we had Zone Training meeting. I personally decided it was a terrible time to have it, because it was just a week before transfers,  Some people will leave the zone and new ones will come in.  Oh well, it was really informative, and I am glad we had it so that it could help me be a better missionary!
This week, because of Christmas conference, ZTM, Christmas, transfers, and my companion, this week was pretty chilaxed! 

One of our investigators was referred to us by our cafe guy, so we teach him in the cafe.   Each time and our cafe guy usually gives us free time now, so I haven't had to pay to browse for a while actually, which is really cool!
They have started a new thing. They call the missionaries that are being transferred the Saturday before they will leave. This is much better than the Tuesday before you leave, since everyone leaves on Wednesday!   But now Elder Kanu knows that he is leaving.  He is going to a place called Ensawme, which is the city in the bush.  It's where you can get both, and it isn't too bad of a transition.   He is going to be with the elder that I wanted, Elder Hoskins.   But Elder Hoskin's trainer is coming here now to be my new companion. Sheesh on Wednesday I will be completely finished with my training!   I think I am doing pretty well so far. I talked to a guy from my MTC today, Elder Bass, and he says he is still struggling with teaching and stuff, but I feel like I am doing fine!
Alright, well a short, and pretty easy week.  Man it is sweet here!
I love you!
Love, Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment