Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hospital Trip Number 2‏

So sorry this has taken so long to get to you............... but here it is!

So you're aware, hopefully, of what happened the first time I was in the hospital. I got out of there on Saturday and laid around for 3 days. Then I went full speed ahead. My new area had so any wonderful people I felt guilty giving anything less than the small 100% that I had. So we went out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I had to do a little extra resting in the morning, but I was ok. When I woke up Friday morning I could tell something was wrong, and so could the other guys in my apartment. I decided I'd take a small nap and if I felt better when I woke up then we would go out. I slept for 7 hours woke up and started vomiting. Sadly the only thing I had eaten was sokings, which is dried kasava all groud and then made like malto meal but cold. So I just vomited a bunch of gnasty grainy kasava!. I called President and told him something was wrong. I started taking an oral set of malaria treatment that we had at the apartment. I needed some anti nausea medicine so I called some apartment mates that were out and asked them to bring me some. When they got home they couldn't stop giggling. They told me to read the instructions. The medicine that they had bought was not to be taken orally, but they were rectal capsules... yeah so of course to stop my nausea I die not take the pills, but I just toughed it out. By the time Sunday came around Doctor Hill the mission doctor is in my ward and wanted to do a check up on me. He was concerned because I was unable to stand for more than a few minutes. I was really pale, and even though I had been sitting under a fan in cold weather for 90 minutes I was still sweating profusely. He wrote me up a lab test sheet and told me to go to the hospital the next morning and get tested.

That next morning Elder Baguley and I went to the hospital, got me some blood drawn, then went and bought a new battery for his camera. We were able to visit Elder Van De Graff in his room where he looked like he was going to die from either malaria, or enjoyment. His urine was almost black, but his mini fridge was full of food and stuff. Also his television was working all day long and his bathroom had hot water. It was sweet! By the time I got back I was ready to pass out. I told my companion I needed to sleep before we could do anything. I woke up 4 hours later to a missionary shaking me telling me President wanted to talk to me. I go the phone and president told me to pack my bags and get back to the hospital in an hour and that I was going to be there for a few days.

We  finally got there and I had to go to the emergency room to meet a special doctor there who was going to admit me. I felt kinda bad because all these.. like 3 or so people were coming in and out as emergencies and I looked perfectly fine. I got hooked up to another IV, but we had to wait for the nurse to be free to take me to a room. I said a little prayer asking that I could get a single room like Vandy's, or one a little bit bigger. I tell you what, God really does answer prayers! When I got to my room it was directly across from Vandy's, but mine was a little bigger with a bit better bathroom and more couches. hehehe.

I was hooked up to an IV and received another set of malaria treatment and they got me on an oral treatment too. From Monday night until Friday afternoon I was stuck in bed.... sorry guys it's just still funny because yes I was severely sick, but compared to how I was, I started to feel great, and I just got to chill with the Television all day long :) Don't get the wrong idea. I still had to sit to urinate and I had to lay down in the bathtub to shower, but I was in bed most of the time just doin my thing!

After I got out I just went home baptized some people and continued proselyting!
One day the Sanders brought Vandy and I KFC and we hung out with them for a little while.
One night I woke up to my IV pouch pouring water on me because I rolled over and yanked my IV out that was pretty scary! A couple times my IV got backed up with blood, and that was not nice.
Now I'm not really up to snuff, but you can't really tell. I try to keep the suffering inside so I can do what I'm supposed to. I'm still tired a bunch, but I struggle sleeping.  My poops are poorly colored and really runny,,, in fact I may or may not have pooped my pants last night, but no big deal. But on the outside I'm cool and collected!
So is the tale of the Dying missionary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment