Monday, April 27, 2015

Coconut Discus Throw Anyone??

Umm nope. One thing I have definitely learned on mission is I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. Even if you do the right thing, but  you have the wrong attitude then you still wasted your time. (I told him I've got him busy in the fall already & that I was sure he'd have a fabulous attitude) Yeah Imma be doing stuff, but I just don't want to pile a bunch of responsibility on my shoulders when that would be unnecessary!
yeah... or I could just go to school away from home and not really see you guys.... ha yeah but if I'm in a country without states tuition isn't more expensive.... if they sky is the limit I have an unlimited spherical plane to which I can meander. Or if you can't I can just drop out and move to Salt Lake with Cody and start some work down there or somethin... I mean why do I even need to go to school? (I told him he was much too sassy for 9am my time! & that he can't find himself a sugar mama if he's not educated!!! This was his reply to that....)  Yeah umm mom I've lived without power and water for 2 years it's not that hard anymore! Imma have a bunch of fun with whatever I have back home! :P But yeah Imma work hard and have fun. But really all I want right now is a little time to waste. It doesn't have to be weeks or months but like a day some hours here and there just chill out and do nothing sounds so wonderful. I just am tired of having this burden that brings guilt every time I sit in one place for more than a few minutes! I need my brain to slow down so I can just function normally!!!!  Yeah Imma watcha  bunch of movies... mainly while I eat. hehe  We were talking today and Imma make a big list of foods I want to eat and stuffs I want to do! Woop woop and we gotta set up cool stuffs for when I get home. Where am I sleeping? On the floor in Tyson's room? Or I can take the room downstairs! Who is in the scout room right now? We have enough rooms that I don't have to share with anyone!

Woo school! I'm suuper pumped to get back and onto the next part of my life, but for now I'm am here doing what I'm doing woop woop!
Flip so many babies what the what? (Reese & Caiden)
It's super fun over here just doin all sorts of sick stuff and what not!.... yeah we will look into that soon enough I hope.

Tyson: Dude you got into school and you had a sick prom date! Some of the guys were wondering why you were only in a group of 3 then I showed them some of the other groups and they then understood :P But who were the other girls?!  Congrats bro way to be so bomb!!!

Tay: Dude you need to go to school or else you end up way behind and that's not cool!!!! (He was out for choir, field trip, and tennis everyday) So you played varsity tennis for Skyview? (They were short players) That's pretty sick! I always loved choir and how much it gets you out of school!!!

Gracie: Dude that's sick that you are enjoying so much of drama because you are definitely one drama girl! Keep up the good work and have fun with your drama carrot!

Tali: Wow I'm sure you just had a swell weekend with so many babies all over the place! I think you would love this place then because there are a bunch of little babies all over here!

Ok so this week was bomb with some fun mishaps and some sick work going down.

So we have this family that we are teaching and all of them are in way different spots of progression. One is a recent convert, one is soon to be baptized, one is just coming to the church for the first time, one is come for a long time but not anywhere near baptism, and one is a little kid who we have basically overlooked. In my opinion I think almost all of them will be baptized before I leave this area. Hehe it's pretty fun and optimistic of me because the they have all been taught for like 3 months which is a really long time here but I'm a positive guy.... well with things like this! So they are all going to be baptized.

We had a baptism of 2 people last week which was cool because we haven't seen them for 2 weeks and then we met up with them saturday night handed them all the paperwork and made them fill it out and told them to come 45 minutes early for church so that they can be interviewed. Normally all that should be done a week before the baptism, but as the gatekeeper for baptism in this area I made an executive decision and pushed it forward and they were so glad I did. They have been wanting to get baptized for months, but because of some marriage discrepancies they have been unable to. Depending on which law you look at, they can be counted as legally marriedm or legally not married, but they are married and they are doing even more marriage stuff. But they are awesome and now baptized and suuuuper happy! Next baptism is in 2 weeks.

Ours have to go 3 times, but really its at the discretion of the missionaries. If I wanted to pick a random person off the street and baptize them right then then I could, but I wouldn't. I have done it a couple of times when they had only come 2 times, but that was for special reasons and when we were pretty sure they'd stay active. But most of my people that I'm baptizing right now have been coming like 7-10 times. (I had emailed him about his cousin's mission in Brazil) We have a missionary here whose first time to visit the church was when he came to his confirmation! Now he's bringing souls unto Christ!


Man this area just feels so much more fruitful than my last area. 3 months in Newtown and 1 baptism but now 3 weeks in Ashtown and 3 baptisms. It's cool because we have a bunch of people that when I came weren't really ready and needed help, but I came and made a difference and now people are getting baptized left and right!!!!

The other day my companion desecrated some lady's house, and it was awesome. We were waiting for an investigator to finish washing, so we went hunting for lizards, and after some time of chasing them all over we gave up and set our minds on breaking a coconut with our bare hands! It took a really long time, but eventually with brute force we split the coconut into 2 pieces. Then we wanted to throw the 2 pieces like a discus. Where my companion first wanted to do it was into the bush, but there were houses on either side, and one out a little ways that he might hit so I told him he should go the other direction into a field where there would only be a house behind him. He got a nice wind up and threw the half coconut like  true discus.... problem is he was a little late on his release and nailed the house behind him completely slamming  the door. It was so bad, so of course, we did what any respectable man would do when he is in the wrong......... we went and apologized.... about an hour later... first we ran away really fast!!!!! The lady was ticked until she saw we were white and apologetic and she just told us it was fine and not to worry about it! Hehe oh goodness it was sweet!

My companion it Elder Miller from Leicester (lester) England. He is 19 year old. His mom is Jamaican and his dad is half British and half Barbadian. So he is moderately black, but everyone here just calls him white. He played rugby and a little soccer. Really cool guy. Family of 5 boys, he's the oldest. He has a British accent. He lived in Barbados for a little when he was younger, but his accent is pretty British. The photos were from my companion's camera, that's why there's less of me. The one he was trying to capture the sunset, I think.

Yep but that's a bit of my rockin week! We have some plans for a fun activity in motion so I will tell you about that when it goes through!

Love Elder Legg

















No comments:

Post a Comment