Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Elder Legg & Elder Lyip (pic)

Me with Elder Lyip 

Really things are way hard, but it's weird, because some how they are just becoming normal.  We haven't had water in about 2 months, but it doesn't feel really like that big of a deal.  It's just like, oh well......no power, no water. I guess I will just bathe a little less and yell a little more.  Even though my hands hurt like crazy from washing my clothes, it doesn't seem like I have done anything hard.  When I get home though, I will teach you all how to wash and everything!  That will be super fun!  I can go on a week long camp out with 2 sets of clothes, no problem, then come home perfectly clean!

Yeah I am basically a Book of Mormon master now :) I have stopped reading it cover to cover, and just read individual books because its fun to jump around sometimes.  I just started Ether again because Elder Leakehe and I were talking about it, so I was like why not?!

I am having fun right now, but one of the Elders that I live with is bothering me so much. He is just rude all the time.  He is always bumping me, or poking me, and I just want to place him on his buttocks all the time. I have been trying hard to just ignore him, but it's been like 4 months! So I get tired of it!
I love you dad and I miss you soo much. I hope all is well!
Love your son Elder Travis Scott Legg

Yeah I am doing great, and still no water! I will need to be calling someone soon because both of our tanks outside are almost finished!  Ugh, but you want to know the worst part?  When we were walking here, just in the middle of the street, there was a huge fountain from a burst pipe and all of the water was just wasting everywhere!  As soon as the kids get home from school though there are going to be a bunch of people with buckets and bowls collecting water and taking it home!

This week we did a really good job cleaning our house!  But I hate cleaning here, because we cleaned the floor spotless then just after cooking lunch we had to re sweep the whole thing and mop it again! Why is that??! Ugh it's so dirty here!

Tali- Goodness, oh my cuteness! I am not usually one for that whole short hair thing, but girl you are rockin it!  So you are liking this only child thing huh?  Me too! In 2 summers you will be leaving me home alone and I will get to enjoy ok :)   (All of the other kids are gone this week, so Tali is an only child and rubbed it in to Trav)

Gracie- Gosh I have never been able to stay in Seattle or go to the Space Needle, and  I haven't gotten to go to Oregon for a long time! Gosh you just get to do whatever you want now don't you?!  I hope your having fun and being safe!

Tyson- Lots of play and lots of work, huh? I hope you have a ton of fun up at EFY and you get all them ladies! Do it right!

Uumm this week......
So I have come to find out that Ghanaians absolutely hate indomie pizza! hehe
We have been getting fed by some investigators a lot recently. They even made us a huge pot of bean stew for our rice!  So I decided to pay them back by cooking something nice for them. My food of choice? You guessed it.   Indomie Pizza. 

So the entire time I was cooking, both the investigators and my companion were just insulting me on how I was doing it wrong, you can't put that in there, no no that's way too much! So you get the idea.   So I finish and pretend to get really angry. I walk out complaining that they all hate my cooking and I should just go home. They rush out to get me, all taking tiny, tiny nibbles, telling me to wait  because it tastes so good. Then, because they are obviously struggling to put it down, they start feeding me huge bites thinking I will get distracted and just eat it all.  

One of the people was definitely trying to get away from it, so I pointed her out and asked if she didn't like it. She got all shy and told me how good it was. I told them all that if they didn't like it then they shouldn't eat it.  Of course, trying to be polite she grabs a big bite and pushes it in her mouth. 5 seconds later she is outside, vomiting back up all that indomie she tried to eat. I was laughing because I told her not to eat it, but no one listens to me.  That was them having to experience what it is like to be a missionary in a foreign land where the food is nasty :)    Shh don't tell them i told you that!
can you believe that while I was distracted with the vomiting, my companion was behind me chopping all the rest of the food! Well at least he liked it!

Ok and request mom, can you please send me some money!  Have I mentioned that I have spoiled a few pairs of trou, and I was needing to replace them.  Also I had to get some shirts fixed.  Ugh so I kind of way need money because all my subsistence went to water, power, and clothes!
Love, Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment