Monday, June 23, 2014

Me, the Rain, My Soap, & Some Serious Awkwardness

This update is from 6/16/14.  We were offline in the Black Hills of SD w/the Swalboski's for a week, so there was a delay in this post.


I don't know why they can't keep water. And trust me when it rains you see all of our buckets out, but 1 bucket can only bath a companionship if we are being frugal. We have the little bags of water that we can drink so drinking water is never the difficult one to get to.  Ok and now to bathing outside.

Yes Mom I have bathed outside. One night it was raining and I was disgusting. So I stripped down, grabbed my towel and soap, and headed outside. Don't worry it was dark, and I have a wall around my compound. But it was me, the rain, my soap, and some serious awkwardness as I bare buttocks, naked, bathed outside in the rain.  And no it's not that weird!  Let's look at my life! I poop in people's yards, and I pee in the street!  Bathing in the rain isn't that weird now....... is it?


Yeah thank you, I got the money and I was able to use it so we could keep having power, because guess what we ran out again! Can you believe that I had to sleep outside again! I moved my mattress outside put up my bed net and slept like a baby! Well a freaked out baby!  Can you believe my companion told me that I was going to get robbed and he wouldn't help me. What kind of "goodnight, I love you" is that??

Please mother. people also travel from everywhere to see the Empire State Building, the Space Needle, and a bunch of other places. A little variety never killed anybody. (Still grumping that we went to the Grand Canyon 3 times  together, and were going to Mt. Rushmore without him)

 I sent a good email for just Ty, so get that to him when you get on the email!  
(This was the email)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYSON!!!!!
I hope everything went well and you had tons of fun! Gosh 17! That's weird! Everyone else's ages won't change too much while I am gone, but yours is freaking me out! When I get home you will be the same age I was when I left! Can you believe it? Because I can't. I think of stuff like this, but it doesn't really make a ton of sense!
I LOVE YOU and I know you are going to be an awesome senior! Push through and work hard! you got this!
Love Elder Travis Legg


Umm....... mom please, I know a  lot more about this World Cup stuff than you!  Every person I have met for the last 6 months has told me that Ghana will score USA in the World Cup.  But guess what??  They play tonight,  kind of late but heck with that I'm gonna see it anyways!  I got an investigator who has been a butt about it, and I gotta represent! Also Nigeria plays Iran just before then, and earlier Germany and someone played.

First off, can you believe some people??  One guy just came into the cafe and told me I should leave because Ghana Is better than USA, and I'm not good. Oh I just finished that guy, and he was just thrown out for being stupid. One of his friends came up and said,"Don't worry I'm supporting USA" haha at least some guys are cool, right?


I haven't gotten the trou fixed, but I do have like 3 pairs to take now :)

Tay:  Flip I hated cleaning the house before we went on trips! We aren't even going to be home to get it dirty.  And when we get home we will have to clean again, but oh well I'm sure it made things better for when we got home.

Gracie: Goodness you just always get to go to Roaring Springs! haha yeah I know all about bruised buttocks! I ride bikes on roads that want to beat you up, and my seat is mostly just plastic! Mouse eww. Did you know that they went to our old house and found a giant rat and a whole flock of mice that had been living with us!

Tali: Well I am glad you are getting better! Be much more careful when you climb trees :P

Ty:  Good luck at open field! Of course you dominated! You're like the studliest guy in the ward and now you are top dog of the school!  Come on, things are gonna work for you for sure! Me when I am done here I am gonna go watch some World Cup!


We can definitely say that this new guy is not my favorite companion, but he is lucky because Elder Legg is a master at getting along with people that are not easy to get a long with. I guess I had a lot of practice.... gough gough hmm hmm....... Abby.. :) just kidding... kind of.
But we don't do a whole lot of work, and he really likes to flirt with the ladies. ( more on this to come)
Ok so then companion story.
My companion is really into girls. He is 21, from Nigeria, and only has a few months left, so he could even finish his mission in this area. So of course, he doesn't really have his mind here as much and is girl crazy, but it's ok because I rock.  We go to this girl's house, and yes she is a pretty girl, but even more shes is super smart.  So he tells me to stand back and watch him work.  He gives it everything he's got. Throws out the smooth guy with, "Oh my gosh! You were born on the 22nd also! Did you know when God was creating the world he made Adam and Eve on the same day, so every person has someone born on the same day as them, and they are meant to be together."  He also tried the buff guy, "Yeah I look kinda young, but that's just because I've been gymin' so much (raises he arm) yeah I like to be ripped."  He also did the let's get real, "Ok you know why I'm acting so weird, it's because I don't want to be just your friend, I want to take it to the next level." So yes, after an hour or so of these pathetic attempts she says, " No you are a bad boy, and I don't really like that, you are much worse than Legg, and I would rather have someone like him."  Boom in your face! Gosh I am just so awesome!  Of course, that whole time I was pretty silent, and I just couldn't stop laughing after she said that. So yeah, I'm a bad boy, but just the right amount of bad, I guess.
But my companion Is cool, I guess. I am working hard to make sure we enjoy each other.  

Love you guys and let's all have a great week! 
Love Elder Legg

No comments:

Post a Comment